Monday, April 02, 2007

Required Reading

The Sublime Object of Ideology by Slavoj Zizek.

Fittingly the final book on my theory comps list. Definitely my favorite of the bunch.

It has totally changed two papers I've been keeping on the backburner for the last couple of months (though I need to put them on the front burner soon as I'm giving one of them this month). I guess I just never got Lacan before (though I lived with Cal, who's got a PhD in Lacan from Buffalo, for two years in Athens).

For some utter enjoyment - check out the clip from "perverts' guide to cinema" on youtube. Zizek sits on a couch in Dorothy Valens apartment as Frank attacks her, analyzing what goes down.

Can't wait to see the rest of this movie as it naturally turns out that he talks about all my favorite movies - The Birds, Vertigo, The Conversation, Blue Velvet, Psycho etc.

I should figure out how to post youtube things on the blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger François Luong said...

YouTube: Okay, on the video page, you should see a text field on the right hand side titled "Embed." Copy the content of this text field.

Now, in the blogger entry writing page, you should see a tab titled "Edit HTML." Click on it and paste into it the previously copied code from the YouTube page. And voilĂ , you can publish a YouTube video on your blog.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home