Tuesday, February 05, 2008

AWP

I wrote a longer entry but then I revoked it. So here's my abbreviated AWP entry.

Most importantly: I ate Middle Eastern food in Williamsburg, Korean food in Korean Town and at my favorite lowbrow Italian restaurant Max's in the Lower Eastside, a place where I used to go as often as my wallet allowed.

I didn't get a chance to go to my other favorite restaurant, Casimir, where my brother and I would frequently go and eat steak tartar and get our euro-trash tastes for raw meat satisfied.

Joyelle buys way too many books at the bookfair. Totally out of control. "Check out this boo! Look at this broadside. And I don't keven know where I got it!"

I went to one panel: an absolutely inspiring panel on Latin American poetry in translation, which included Rosa Alcalay and Cecilia Vicuna.

Our reading with Elexir Press and Apostrophe went great. The next morning we immediately sold out all of Abe Smith's Whim man mammon. He's such a terrific reader. Even though he was hit by a van on the way over to the gallery.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amish Trivedi said...

girls in general buy lots of things

I never buy anything. Ever.

Less than a month before IC, yes?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Sandra Simonds said...

AWP is not the same without Kasey, Anne, me and the various other lunatics out there. Admit it, Johannes.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Johannes said...

It wasn't the same. I had a better time in Austin, but I sold more books in NYC.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Sandra Simonds said...

Did Joyelle buy them?

Just kidding

5:18 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

No Sandra Simonds bought them.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Sandra Simonds said...

If you publish my book, I will buy all the copies of my book
and I will get the money by robbing a Circle K.

har
har
har

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home