Sunday, May 11, 2008

Josh Corey reviews The Widow Party

Josh Corey write a few insightful comments about The Widow Party. I love that Josh is/was so troubled by the fact that he felt "pleasure" at watching our "phantasmagoria." I also love how Josh writes that he felt "implicated" but not properly "alienated." This seems absolutely correct; Josh seems to have totally gotten the play despite his anxieties.

The rest of you have one more chance (for now). The play will be performed tonight (Sunday) at 7 pm. Though it has gone so well that there are already plans for further performances and publications.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When will this show up on Youtube?

12:49 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

Yes, there are some squibblets of it up. I'm not sure it will make much sense at all, but I will post them.

I very much like the comments on Corey's blog (clearly I am quite interested in pleasure and excess etc, so these kinds of critiques suit me quite well).

Also, nobody needs to worry: As far as I know, there were no tenured faculty among the many-more-than a handful in the audience! Or among the production crew! Phew! Those scary tenured people sure undermine art!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home