Sunday, October 26, 2008

McCain and Corporate Pharmaceutical Industry

One interesting tidbit I learned on my trip to NYC (more commentary to follow) was from my sister in law, who works for a big pharmaceutical company. Apparently these companies are organizing their own get-out-the-vote operations for McCain. I knew that these big corporations were Republican, but the extent of this organization is somewhat surprising. For example, my sister in law is somehow in charge of getting the word to employees in the factory in Indiana.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Seems like it ought to be illegal, doesn't it.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And is she actually going to go through with that?

6:50 AM  
Blogger Johannes said...

Well, she's kind of dubious about it. She's republican the way corporate people tend to be republican - they've been sold the cliches (lower taxes = jobs etc)and they buy them because they don't develop critical faculties and they do well.

But she's Arab and I think the "kill the arabs" tenor of the McCain campaign has turned her away a bit. Israel threw her parents out of Palestine, so I would think her background prepares her to be slightly sensitive to anti-arab hate-mongering.

J

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home