Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Tree of No by Sandy Florian

The Tree of No, Sandy Florian's second book, is now up for sale at the Action Books site. We are not officially releasing it until February, but to celebrate the end of the Year of the Squealing Pig and the start of the Year of Lemurs (All Over Our Bodies) we are starting to sell the books on our website early.

This book is one of the most amazing books I've read in a long time. The first time Joyelle and I heard Sandy read from the book, we were spellbound and knew we had to publish it. I use the word "spellbound" because at times it feels like a spell with its odd, mysterious rhythm and its arcane religious imagery.

*

Here's an excerpt:

I become pregnant with a hole. Scoop it out and the void comes down on its head. Then give it thanks and sing into the pit. For he is mindful of me. For he is manful on me. I make a beast of him like I make a beast of the bird, like I make a beast of fish, like I make a beast of the sea scrolling under my feet.

*

At the start of the new year, we will release Lara Glenum's new book, Maximum Gaga, and post a spectacular new double-issue of Action, Yes. Various objects of derision and instruction booklets for how to kill Experimental Poetry to follow...

3 Comments:

Blogger BLAKE BUTLER said...

that looks killer. action books is vital. buying now.

11:16 AM  
Blogger naoko fujimoto said...

Mr. Göransson,

I know this is an odd way of contacting you, but with a time crunch such as mine, it seemed to be the most effective... My name is Aaron Kasza (I am using a friend's blogger.com account to post this), and I need to contact you via e-mail as soon as convenient. My e-mail address is akasza@iusb.edu.

I look forward to our correspondence. Thanks.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Amish Trivedi said...

Tree of No/Hounds of No

I'm getting a lot of negativity from you, JoGo.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home